Permit – Required / Construction and General
4 Hour Course
$160.00 Per Person
Minimum of 5 persons to hold a class. Group rates are available. Site-specific and on location trainig available.
Confined spaces incidents aren't the most common, but they can be the most deadly. That's because the hazards tend to be misunderstood or underestimated. And many confined spaces fatalities involve not one, but two, victims: the worker and the rescuer.
OSHA's Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation was created to help prevent these incidents. And the National Safety Council Confined Spaces Compliance Training can help you put the regulation into practice and save lives.
Through discussion and activities, our professional facilitator will break down the regulation into terms you can understand. In just four hours, you'll learn practices and procedures that will keep you in compliance and, best of all, protect your employees.
The course covers:
• Key elements of the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation (29 CFR 1910.146)
• Key elements of the OSHA Construction Confined Spaces Regulation (29 CFR 1910.126 subpart aa)
• Confined spaces concepts and terminology
• The difference between confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces
• How to identify and evaluate hazards: atmospheric, mechanical, chemical Procedures for controlling hazards • Proper protective equipment for confined spaces
• Duties of the entry supervisor, entrant, and attendant
• Procedures for self-rescue, non-entry rescue, entry rescue by company employees, and entry rescue by emergency responders
• Completing the entry process