Did you know?
Sec 616.3.3 of the Missouri Standard Specifications for Highway Construction requires contractors to train their work zone supervisors in MoDOT’s Advanced Work Zone Training or an approved equivalent training course.
Re-certification required a minimum of every four years beginning April 2016.
Our training meets the MO Dot Work Zone Specialist requirement and a certificate will be issued upon completion of class requirements.
• Discuss the Work Zone Safety and Mobility Policy
• Identify the different components that make up a temporary traffic control zone
• Describe each step involved in temporary traffic control zone operations
• Apply temporary traffic control devices in accordance with the EPG and MUTCD
• Recognize temporary traffic control device quality requirements
• Apply traffic control plans to site conditions, through inspecting, monitoring traffic controls, and changing traffic control devices indicated by traffic incidents
• Identify the legal consequences of action or inaction relative to work zone traffic control and identify risk management procedures
• MoDOT Policy
• Nighttime Work Zones
• Work Zone Standards
• Work Zone Speed Limits
• Work Zone Basics
• Temporary Traffic Control Devices
• Crashworthiness of Devices
• Management Plan
• Creating a Safe Driving and Work Environment
• Law Enforcement
• Basic Plan Reading
• Traffic Capacity
• Work Zone Inspections
• Travel Time Information
• Addressing Work Zone Deficiencies
• Designing for the Driver
• Tort Liability and Risk Management
• Pedestrian & Bicyclist Considerations
• Classroom Exercises